Sublimation print is used for branding products that have a special coating on them or fabrics suitable for the sublimation process. A transfer is produced by printing sublimation ink onto transfer paper and then heat pressing it onto the product.
• Sublimation ink is actually a dye so there is no ink build-up on the finished print and it looks like part of the product.
• Ideal for producing vivid full colour images as well as spot colour branding.
• Can print variable data including individual names.
• Only one set up charge is required irrespective of the number of print colours.
• The branding can bleed off some products.
• Can only be used for suitable products with white surfaces.
• Only approximate PMS colours can be reproduced.
• Some colours cannot be reproduced including metallic silver and gold.
• When printing large images some minor imperfections may appear in the print or around the edges of it. These are unavoidable.
• Artwork can be supplied in either vector or bitmap format.
• A 3mm bleed should be added to the artwork if it bleeds off the product.