Imitation etch is a special pad printing ink used for producing an etch like effect on glass products.
• Much lower cost than real etching.
• Can brand curved or uneven products.
• Produces a subtle, high perceived value finish that looks like etching.
• Halftones cannot be consistently reproduced.
• The size of branding areas is limited on curved surfaces.
• Minor print distortion may occur on uneven or curved surfaces.
• Requires a curing period before the product can be shipped.
• Unable to print variable data.
• Artwork should be supplied in vector format.