Direct to Garment (DTG) is a method where a printer directly applies the ink onto the t-shirt with inkjet technology. It involves a special printer, which prints the ink directly onto the garment in the desired design. DTG printing provide a solution to printing smaller orders with an almost unlimited number of colors in the design. Therefore, this is a great way to get full color prints on just a few shirts.
• Ideal for large or complex multi-colour or full colour prints.
• The print is dry and ready to ship as soon as the product is printed.
• Only one setup charge is required irrespective of the number of print colours.
• Any product colour can be printed with no loss of colour vibrancy.
• Limited to cotton garments
• Not cost effective for mass printing
• Some colours cannot be reproduced including metallic silver and gold.
• The print cannot be joined so there will be a small space between where the print starts and ends.
• Rotary digital is more expensive than conventional branding.
• Artwork can be supplied in either vector or bitmap format.
• A 3mm bleed should be added to the artwork if it bleeds off the product.